Sunday, August 22, 2010

Piece of Cake!

I just finished (as in 2 minutes ago) my second quilt!
And I just couldn't wait to show it off!

It truly was a Piece of Cake! Each square is 10", so a Layer Cake would help you whip this quilt up in no time.

I used Laurie Wisbrun's Tufted Tweets Collection, and just cut my own 10" squares, since I didn't have a layer cake.

The pattern was found in this fabulous magazine!
The one on the cover was my inspiration.
I don't think you would need the magazine though to complete this project. It was really quite simple.
You just need:

1 Layer Cake (or 32 10" Squares)
64 White 10" Squares
about 6 yards of fabric for the backing
about 1/2 yard of fabric for the binding

♥ You cut 6 1/2" circles out of your print fabrics, and then save the outer edge.
♥ Appliqué the circles you cut out onto a white square, and then appliqué the outer edge of the print fabric that you saved onto another white square.
♥ Repeat for all of your squares and then piece them together.

It will turn out sew cute!


I made this particular quilt for my kids' playroom. It can get quite chilly in the basement!

So here it will sit, until one of my babies needs to snuggle during Sesame Street.



We also added quite a few new prints to the shop this week, check 'em out!

Origins-I have a skirt planned for myself with this collection!

Domestic Diva - Isn't it perfect for an apron!


Next week we hope to have in:

Fandango from Moda
Paradise from Art Gallery
Opal Owl from Free Spirit

I will let you know as soon as they arrive!

1 comment:

Mama Baer | 1.2.3.4.5 said...

awesome couch!!!!

and the quilt is way cute too! :o)